A Modern Journey Past the Three Colonial Ludwell Plantations by the James River
In addition to his townhouse in colonial Williamsburg, Philip Ludwell III owned three plantations in the Jamestown-Williamsburg area – the exact places where the colonists beginning in 1607 succeeded in planting the first permanent English settlement in North America. Two plantations were north of the James River (Green Spring and Rich Neck) and one on the southern bank of the James (Chippokes). Click on the photos for enlarged views.
Pingback : The First English Translator of Eastern Orthodox Services | Ludwell.org